Have you been searching every where for the absolute best cardio program to get cut so you can enter, compete, and even win your first figure show?
There is an array of figure cardio formats to choose from online and in the popular fitness magazines such as Muscle and Fitness Hers and Oxygen. But, the most successful aerobic workout is the one you are CONSISTENT with.
A high-intensity cardio session is a very effective way to burn yucky body fat so your sexy feminine muscles and curves show. By implementing your cardiovascular workout in a progressive fashion you will always be one step ahead of the dread plateau.
Be aware that not all cardio formats are created equal. High-intensity cardio improves overall fitness, burns fat like freakin’ crazy, and can get you cut and detailed.
Use High-Intensity Formats Combined With Muscle and Strength Endurance Circuits to Get Cut…
When you combine high-intensity cardio with circuit training you “up the ante” and build muscle and strength endurance, burn an insane amount of calories and body fat, and can get cut for your figure contest.
One of the more popular fitness workouts a lot of figure athletes use is a combination of a piece of cardio equipment such as treadmill and some light dumbbells and using them in a circuit fashion for a high-intensity fat slashing session.
Below I will share with you a VERY effective fat smashing cardio format that will have you sweating, crying, and begging for the end to come quickly. Don’t worry, you will love it because it is full of intensity and far from boring.
Let’s face it girl, if you want a figure competitor’s body you are going to have to work hard for it because nothing worth having comes easy. If you put in the time and do the work you get the pay off, a top-notch figure model body.
Ok… here we go…
Preferred HIIT Cardio Program To Get Cut
Example of a high-intensity cardio routine to rip you up:
- Put 2 light dumbbells next to a treadmill. Get on the treadmill and warm up at about 3.0 mph. After 3-5 minutes increase the speed of the treadmill and jog at a fast pace for 4 minutes. Jump off the treadmill (leave it running) and do a set of 15 burpees with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Jump back on the treadmill and jog at a fast pace for another 4 minutes, increasing the incline to 3%. Jump off the treadmill again and do another set of 15 burpees with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Jump back on the treadmill and jog at a fast pace for another 4 minutes, increasing the incline to 6%. Jump off the treadmill once again and do another set of 15 burpees with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Jump back on the treadmill and run at a fast pace for another 4 minutes, increasing the incline to 9%. Jump off the treadmill again and do another set of 15 burpees with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Hop back on the treadmill, slow the pace down to a walk and drop the incline back down to 0% and cool down for 3-5 minutes.
Repeat the 4 minute run and 15 burpee circuit as many times as you like or as required by your trainer or figure coach before hitting the cool down phase.
Below is a MUST READ… Don’t Skip The Vital Information Below…
ALERT: Many first-time figure competitors mistake such a high-intensity cardio workout as a weight training workout. The above format is a cardio outline. A weight training program for building and keeping muscle should be done at a separate time.
If you are a first time figure athlete you may find the above circuit extremely challenging with the combination of burpees, dumbbells, jogging and the treadmill on incline.
However, it burns an INSANE amount of calories, burns fat, and gets you cut because it uses all your muscle groups including chest, shoulders, triceps, back, legs, biceps, and abs. Your entire body is involved for muscle and cardio endurance to tackle fat and get you cut.
Listen… Don’t be discouraged if you cannot implement the above figure cardio workout100% just yet. Do only what you can and each time you do the figure cardio format and try to progress it just a little. If you keep making small progressing each time, you have the above mastered in no time and be able to move on to even more advanced cardio program to shed body fat and to get cut.
It is important to be consistent on your aerobics. The more consistent you are with the figure cardio the more changes you will see on a weekly basis, and the more defined and cut you will get the closer you get to your figure competition.
Be Sure To Implement This Working Factor
Now that you have information on a workout program to get cut, give it a 3 week run and see how it works for you. From that point you can make tweaks to adjust to your needs. And, if you want even more detailed information on how to burn fat, build muscle, and prep for a figure contest, be sure to download “Figure Competition Secrets” eBook. It’s THE system you need to get lean and stage-ready in just 12 weeks FLAT!
Karen Sessions – Figure Coach