If you like oatmeal, nutmeg, maple syrup, pumpkin and all the other delicious tastes of fall you’re going to LOVE this recipe straight from Karine Losier’s fit kitchen to yours, her very own old fashioned pumpkin squares. These might be something you consider taking to your next family gathering. You’ll be the healthy hit of day.
Oh, and check this out. If you like these you can find more GREAT tasting recipes in Karine’s fit cookbook, Metabolic Cooking. In fact, you might want to download a copy so you can eat well and stay in shape.
- 1 can of Pumpkin Puree (15 ounce can)
- 1/3 C. of Natural Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp. of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of Nutmeg
- 3 C. of Old Fashion Oatmeal
- 1 C. of Slivered Almonds
- ½ C. of Dried Apricots
- 1/3 C. of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat over to 375.
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl until it’s smooth.
- Add in the oatmeal, apricot, and almonds and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake it for 35 minutes.
- Let the bars cool for about 20 minutes and then cut them into squares.
- Chow down!
- Calories: 104
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbs: 16 grams
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams